Details of the Charity:
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading independent charity dedicated to cancer research. We carry out scientific research to help prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. We have discovered new ways to beat cancer that together have saved hundreds of thousands of lives across the world. One in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Our ground-breaking work, funded almost entirely by the general public, will ensure that millions more people survive.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Cancer Research UK has a number of roles at our shops in Ruislip, Slough, Teddington, West Ealing and Whitton shops.
As little as two hours a week can make a huge difference so why not sign up today and play your part right now in in helping us to beat cancer sooner?
We offer flexible shifts to fit around your studies. Volunteering is a great way to get valuable work experience, develop new skills and meet a diverse group of people. So come into one of the shops to meet the team and see what volunteering could mean for you.
Volunteer Visual Merchandiser – help us to select and prepare the best clothes, shoes and accessories for sale on the shop floor. You’ll create eye catching window displays and may also be asked to help price garments to generate maximum income.
- No previous experience or specific skills are required
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Valuable retail work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
- FREE training in all aspects of your role, including Health and Safety
- The potential of gaining a nationally recognised qualification (NVQ)
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply here: