Details of the Charity:
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading independent charity dedicated to cancer research. We carry out scientific research to help prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. We have discovered new ways to beat cancer that together have saved hundreds of thousands of lives across the world. One in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Our ground-breaking work, funded almost entirely by the general public, will ensure that millions more people survive.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Cancer Research UK has a number of roles at our shops in Ruislip, Slough, Teddington, West Ealing and Whitton shops. Each shop needs a huge, talented and diverse team of volunteers to run successfully. The more volunteers we have the better service we can give to our loyal customers, the more stock we can put on offer and the more money we can make for Cancer Research.
Each Shop Manager will try to rotate volunteers and give you a variety of duties, these may include:
- Talking to customers and welcoming them to the shop
- Helping with sales on the till
- Helping customers and answering customer queries
- Tidy and cleaning the shop floor
- Removing and updating the shop floor stock
- Sorting through donations
- Steaming and tagging clothing
We ask that you can commit to 2 hours + a week but we are flexible and understand your time is valuable.
- No previous experience or specific skills are required
- Experience in customer service or retail is a great bonus
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Happy to talk to people
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- FREE training in all aspects of your role, including Health and Safety
- The potential of gaining a nationally recognised qualification (NVQ)
- Strengthen your skills in Fashion, Customer Service, Retail and even Admin
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony.
Interested? Apply here!