Details of the Charity:
Generating Genius works alongside a wide range of partner schools and universities, with hundreds of high-achieving children and young people from challenging backgrounds where there has been no tradition of entry to higher education. We aim to encourage learning in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects through a range of aspirational activities and academic support, eventually leading our students to study at the country’s most selective universities.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are currently seeking enthusiastic undergraduate, post graduate, and recently graduated volunteer tutors, to assist our students with their AS and A level exams on a one-to-one basis, at regular sessions to be held at UCL’s Euston Campus. Volunteers are expected to commit to one to two hours a week of face-to-face tutoring on either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening during the Autumn and Spring term.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain some valuable teaching and mentoring experience for those looking to make a difference to disadvantaged, talented young people, and to broaden their CV.
- Reliable, patient and able to inspire learning in young people
- Currently studying on, or have completed an undergraduate degree
- Be able to commit to one to two hours a week of face-to face tutoring at UCL.
- Preferred: current students/ recent graduates in sciences, mathematics or secondary education PGCE
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Full training provided including child protection/safeguarding, behaviour management and general best practise in tutoring and mentoring
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply here: