Details of the Charity:
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity set up in 1986 to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
We develop early intervention initiatives for young people at risk of being socially marginalised. The range of projects developed and run by HAY is unique in that it provides support for children, young people and families all the way from the pre-school years through to young adulthood and beyond, with emphasis on prevention through early intervention wherever possible.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
You would volunteer in a youth centre providing a wide range of services for children from 0-18, including:
Breakfast Club, Caterpillar Pre-school, junior and senior youth clubs, music, drama and arts workshops, week end activity adventure club. The centre’s youth workers and other team members support young people who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Your duties would be:
- Assist with the creation of creative personalised donor Thank You cards, podcasts, films and more using a wide range of artistic mediums and working with young people to contribute. For example, designing a Thank You card in an unusual format.
- Prepare personalised donor acknowledges posts on social media and send personalised messages
- Good written communication skills
- Experience of using social media
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Specialist training provided with Hounslow Community Network, Institute of Fundraising
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply here: