Details of the Charity:
Michael Sobell Hospice is the specialist palliative care centre at Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood. With our 16 bed in-patient unit and day therapy centre, we aim to ensure all patients who face life limiting illnesses receive the best possible care to enhance their quality of life.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Michael Sobell Hospice Fundraising is looking for a volunteer to support our 2016 Festive Toys Appeal. Each year we work in partnership with over 50 local schools selling festive toys. The role of Festive Toy Appeal volunteer involves working with the fundraising team to organize and facilitate this process. You will receive training and support from our experienced team of volunteers and fundraising personnel.
- Contacting schools to ascertain if they wish to participate
- Assisting with the re-packaging of toys into boxes for delivery
- Scheduling van deliveries to participating schools
- Allocating money collection tins with delivery
- Keeping accurate records of stock
- Good telephone and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook in particular)
- Good organisational skills
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply below!