Details of the volunteer community organisation:
A4K has been in existence since January 2009 following the recognition that many children in the Borough are not able to access activities readily available due to cost and/or had issues that prevented them joining in regular activities. This provided us with a clear target but we also realised that there had to be children that required borderline diversion, i.e. there had to be a point at which children showed early signs of changing behaviour that could be picked up by teachers and police. It was felt that we could, perhaps, play a role in their redirection. All children, however, would be welcome.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for suitably qualified Sports Science students who can run a scheduled event, take over in the absence of the scheduled coach or assist the scheduled coach when high numbers of children attend.
- Minimum Level 2 Sport qualification
- Keen interest in Sports and Fitness
- Enjoys working with children
- Interested in a Teaching career
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply below: