Details of the Charity:
The Prisoners’ Advice Service is the only independent registered charity offering free legal advice and support to adult prisoners in England and Wales. We do this through our telephone advice line, letters clinic and legal outreach sessions, as well as providing information within the sector.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
This role is ideally suited for someone wishing to gain experience in the charity sector, specifically in fundraising and communications. The role supports the Fundraising & Communications Director with promoting PAS’ work to potential and existing supporters, particularly charitable trusts and foundations.
The varied duties include drafting proposals, letters and reports to charitable trusts and foundations, and researching charitable trusts and foundations or other potential major donors. The volunteer could also organise and promote fundraising events or campaigns, work on e-marketing or drafting content for PAS’s social media channels.
Timeframe: 1 or 2 days per week, minimum 3 months commitment (full time volunteer internships during university holidays also possible by agreement)
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Excellent written skills
- Good organisational skills
- Effective administrative skills
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet)
- Fluent in English (preferably)
- Experience using social media
- Numeracy skills
- Interest in the charity sector
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- £10 expenses paid per day (to cover lunch and travel)
- Role recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Contributes to the Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers End of Year Dinner
Interested? Apply below: