Details of the Charity:
Sova is a national charity with more than 40 projects across England and Wales, working with some of the most disadvantaged people in society. Sova supports more than 8,000 people and is currently recruiting motivated and open-minded individuals across London and Greater London to provide a range of services.
We help anyone in crisis and steer them away from crime.
Within London we have several projects:
Resettlement & Rehabilitation
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
· Drug and alcohol support
· Helping people back into training and work
· Supporting children, young people and families
· Helping people improve their skills
· Reducing the risk of homelessness
· Independent visitor support for children in care
We do this by working directly with those facing adversity because of crime, drugs, unemployment, isolation or a lack of skills.
Our volunteers use their passion, experience and skills to make a difference in changing people’s lives for the better. They give their time to help people who find themselves in difficult situations. In return for between 1 and 5 hours of your time each week across a 12-month period, you will gain valuable experience, accredited training, a reference, develop your skills and gain a real sense of achievement. No experience necessary, as full training is provided and expenses paid. Volunteer with Sova and help make a positive difference to someone’s life!
Skills Required from the Applicant:
No experience needed as full training given.
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- All expenses paid
- You can obtain a level 2 accreditation
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply below now