Details of the Charity:
We are a charity for stroke survivors and family members to reclaim their lives through active support.
- There are 152,000 strokes every year in the UK.
- 1in 4 (26%) of these occur in people under 65 years old.
- The number of people having strokes aged 20 to 64 increased by 25% from 1990 to 2010 worldwide.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
2 – 4 hours a week
Dealing with administration for the group.
2 teachers who take the classes.
Engaging with the stroke survivors of all different ages and backgrounds.
Physical activities include: Zumba and Tai Chi (2 teachers trained to take classes)
Socialising and assisting with tea and coffee
Based on campus in the Sports Centre on a Wednesday between 10am-12pm or in Hounslow on a Saturday between 1pm-3.30pm
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Time keeping
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver physical activites in a group
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- To gain experience working with stroke survivors
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Apply below NOW: