Details of the Charity:
Brightside is a leading UK social mobility charity, which supports students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
We believe that every young person should have the same choices and chances to make the most of their future.
Brightside works towards a society where support and opportunities are distributed as widely as possible; we connect young people with inspirational role model and trusted sources of information so they can develop the skills they need to succeed.
With over 13 years experience (working with over 15,000 young people a year), we provide bespoke online mentoring to connect young people with trusted and experienced mentors, who make real differences to their lives.
We train all of our university student and professional mentors, to equip them with the skills to successfully mentor and help students to succeed.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We want you to join our team of mentors and become part of our knowledge and skills based online mentoring projects.
You will help young people develop the knowledge and connections required to be able to make confident and informed decisions about their next steps – whether that be deciding their future career path, going into higher education or industry.
You will communicate with your mentees through a safe and secure online mentoring platform where you can exchange messages, share resources and information, and complete activities. You will use your personal experience, knowledge and skills to help raise aspirations and motivation, encourage them to consider and explore their education and career options and build their confidence.
Approximately 30 minutes a week for the duration of the project you are agreeing to support (this can be weeks or months).
This is an online volunteering opportunity and as such can take place wherever you have a computer and internet connection.
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Training in mentoring and on the specific mentoring project you will be taking part in will be provided prior to volunteering
- Support will be provided throughout the mentoring project
- DBS required – which can be provided free of charge
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training provided
- Flexible volunteering opportunity with a high impact
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Click below to apply NOW: