Details of the Charity:
Scouts aims to build and develop young people’s confidence, sense of adventure and outdoor skills, as well as encouraging them to be creative. It offers independence to put these skills to practice at camps and trips. Scouts are encouraged to work together and take the lead on all sorts of projects, from community based work to planning games and activities for their meetings.
We are all about fun and friendship – so come along and enjoy the fun. We are part Greenford district and Middlesex County. We have a beaver, cub and scout group taking boys and girls ages between 6 – 14.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to help out either our beaver or cub sections. Beavers are 6 – 8 years old and cubs are 8 – 10.5 years old. Both sections meet once a week (Mondays for Beavers and Wednesdays for Cubs).
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Just your time and enthusiasm once a week!
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free DBS and free, optional training
- Good for your CV, as it demonstrates leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Click below to apply NOW: