Details of the Charity:
A youth centre providing a wide range of services for children from 0-18, including: Breakfast Club, Caterpillar Pre-school, junior and senior youth clubs, music, drama and arts workshops and weekend activity adventure club. The centre’s youth workers and other team members support young people who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Objectives of the Post:
- To secure new sources of income through bid writing and research
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Research trusts and corporate grant making foundations appropriate to the charity’s aims and objectives
- Prepare funding applications
- Support and help to develop the fundraising strategy
- Work with all forms of media, and produce supporting materials such as case studies
- The role is for 1 flexible day a week working with the Fundraising Consultant, either at The Hanworth Centre or from home.
- The minimum volunteering period is 6 months.
Skills Required from the Volunteer:
- Committed and enthusiastic, willing to work in all areas of fundraising and marketing
- Flexible working style
- Good research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised with the tenacity to see through challenging projects
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the overall aims of the Charity
- Good computer skills and awareness of social media
- Undergraduate or graduate in any subject, but marketing, finance, social policy and politics students are particularly welcome to apply
- CRB check required – provided by HAY
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
- Comprehensive supervision and training package included, comprising of access to fundraising and project management skills workshops provided by a variety of training bodies
- Role recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Contributes to the Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers End of Year Dinner
Interested? Apply now!