Details of the Charity:
Healthwatch Hillingdon is an independent organisation that represents the views of everyone who uses health and social care services in the London borough of Hillingdon.
We make sure that these views are gathered, analysed and acted upon, making services better now, and in the future. We give local people the platform to improve the delivery of their health and social care services.
We monitor local services to ensure they reflect the needs of the community, and where necessary, use statutory powers to hold those services to account. We are completely separate from the NHS and the local authority, from commissioners and providers of services. Healthwatch is part of the Healthwatch network in England, one of 152 community-focused organisations nationally led by Healthwatch England.
Our vision is to become the influential voice of the public.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We currently use Twitter, Facebook and our website to raise our profile online, but we would like to develop these online platforms further in order to maximise their impact and effectiveness. We are therefore seeking a Social Media volunteer to assist us to develop and maintain our online presence and help us to promote ourselves as broadly as possible to the local community.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Managing our soocial media content, using Twitter, Facebook & YouTube
- Managing the website; regularly updating and reviewing information on the website, ensuring it is accurate and relevant
- Updating articles newsfeeds and creating online surveys
- Ensuring that communications reach a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audiences
Ideally volunteers should commit to ½ a day per week & with a minimum commitment of 3 months.
The role will be based at our shop front offices in Uxbridge. However, this role is flexible and volunteers can choose to work off-site.
Skills you Require from the Volunteer:
- Experience of using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest)
- Strong writing and editorial skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook etc.
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Training will be offered to enable the volunteer to complete their role effectively.
- This is a great opportunity to help shape and influence how health & social care services are delivered in the future in the Hillingdon area.
- Free course on Health & Social Care will be offered.
- Volunteers will have the opportunity to meet and work with new people
- A great way to gain new skills and enhance CV
- Role recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Contributes to the Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers End of Year Dinner
Interested? Apply below: