Details of the Charity:
The Community Cancer Centre was established in 1998 as a drop in centre for those affected by cancer. Based in Yiewsley , we provide cancer support, information in a variety of languages, advice and complementary therapies. These services are FREE for cancer patients, families, and their carers and to anyone who is affected by cancer.
There are no postcode or hospital boundaries, so all are welcome. Age, gender, ethnicity etc – there are no barriers to accessing our services.
Cancer has overtaken heart disease as the number 1 killer. The Community Cancer Centre (CCC) provides the space to help those affected by cancer find the answers to their questions talk and relax in a safe environment.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Updating social media sites, liaising with local G.P’s, leaflet and poster distribution, organising fundraising events. Working hours are flexible and possible from home or university.
Skills you Require from the Opportunity:
- I.T. literate
- Efficient in updating social media
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- DBS check required – Brunel will provide one free of charge
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training
- Travel expenses
- Lunch expenses when volunteering over 4 hours
- Role recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Contributes to the Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invite to the Brunel Volunteers End of Year Dinner
Interested? Apply below: