Details of the Charity
Our charitable mission is to help people whose lives have been touched by cancer, to find strength, resilience and ways of coping with challenges the illness brings. We aim to assist anyone whose life has been touched by cancer, and our services also extend to families, carers and friends. Our help includes advice, information, support, counselling, befriending and therapies such as massage, to alleviate the discomfort and distress. Our services are free and available to people with any form of cancer and at any stage of the illness. We provide from our centre and through home visits across London to those who are confined to home due to their illness and frailty.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic, dedicated professional volunteers to join our fundraising team to raise awareness and much needed funds for Paul’s Cancer Support Centre. We are a small charity so volunteers are a vital force of the centre so when joining us, your work will directly contribute to changing lives in your community. You’ll be able to get involved in all sorts of activities such as planning and organising events, act as an Ambassador for the Centre in the community, help raise awareness via social media & networking. Days & hours are flexible and you can work at the centre, but also from home.
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Good organisational skills
- Good communications skills and a clear and polite telephone manner
- Good computing and social media skills and knowledge
- Punctuality, reliability and honesty
- The ability to adhere to our policies such as health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and financial guidelines
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer?
- Free training
- Reference given
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- All hours recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Ball
Interested? Apply below: