Details of the Charity:
Hounslow Action for Youth Association is a charity set up in 1986 to provide children and young adults in the London Borough of Hounslow with activities to divert them from crime,and to give them essential life skills.
In collaboration with other organisations and agencies, we develop and run programmes for vulnerable young people, especially those at risk of social exclusion, being taken into residential care or custody.
We develop early intervention initiatives for young people at risk of being socially marginalised. The range of projects developed and run by HAY is unique in that it provides support for children, young people and families all the way from the pre-school years through to young adulthood and beyond, with emphasis on prevention through early intervention wherever possible.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The Social Value Research Volunteer will be responsible for supporting the staff team with designing and implementing a large-scale social value research project to measure the social, economic and environment outcomes of the charity’s work.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using a Volunteer Assessment Toolkit to measure the value of our volunteers
- Help to establish a SROI framework
- Help to design and carry out surveys using appropriate research methodology.
- Collate and analyse research data and help to prepare a social value report
This is an on-going six month project so we would like volunteers to commit for either three months of the first stage of the project, or six months for the entire project.
Training and support
- An initial induction is given to all volunteers, followed by weekly supervision with a Consultant.
- Access to training courses provided by Hounslow CVS is also available.
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Knowledge of quantitative and/ or qualitative research methods
- Strong analytical skills
- Good IT skills, with experience of using databases
- Undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree level in any Social Sciences, research, economics, or other relevant discipline
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Access to other training courses within the organisation
- All hours recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, leading to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Ball
Interested? Apply below: