Details of the Charity:
Kids Run Free creates free, fun and sustainable outdoor running opportunities for children, from toddlers to teens, igniting their passion for sport and physical activity and encouraging them to become healthier, happier and more confident.
Our programmes are accessible to all children, regardless of age or ability. Every child deserves the opportunity to realise his or her potential through running.
There are many opportunities for volunteers at the event in Hillingdon as well as roles for fundraising, event management and volunteer co-ordination.
Details of Volunteering Opportunity:
Event opportunities are on the first Saturday of every month at Hillingdon Court Park, Parkway, Uxbridge, UB10 9JX, for 1-2 hours once a month.
We will put you in touch with the local Race Director to meet at the event and support the children running under the direction of the Race Director.
Home based volunteer roles to support the event are in fundraising and volunteer coordination to provide on-going support for the event to continue
Home based volunteers would need to go to at least one event first to understand the operation side of Kids Run Free charity in the community.
Skills required from the Applicant:
- Any skills that the volunteer can bring
Additional benefits for the Volunteer:
- Unique experience with a National Children’s Charity
- Experience in event management, volunteer coordination, fundraising and various roles to enable furthering careers in the industry with any of the available volunteer roles
- Hours recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteer Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!