Details of the Charity:
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides healthcare at both Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospital to residents of the London Borough of Hillingdon and to those living in the surrounding areas of Ealing, Harrow, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. In 2013/14 the Trust had a turnover of £190 million and we employ over 2,500 staff. The Trust has approximately 400 volunteers and is keen to grow its volunteer workforce offering opportunity to local students at Brunel University.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Reporting to the Patient Advice & Liaison Service Manager, Patient Experience Volunteers gather feedback from our inpatients and outpatients.
To promote the benefits of our Your Views Count patient experience surveys and providing support to patients to give feedback in a variety of ways.
- Taking responsibility for the booking out and returning of the handheld devices
- Inviting patients to give feedback about their experience of using our hospital
- Explaining why feedback is important and how it is used.
- Escorting patients to the Your Views Count Kiosk
- Supporting patients to give feedback using the kiosk and handheld devices
- Promoting access to our surveys via the Trust public website
Line Responsibility – Patient Advice & Liaison Service Manager
It is expected that Patient Experience Volunteers will be able:
- To communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- To work with the minimum of supervision after suitable training has been undertaken.
- To use their own initiative as the need arises and within agreed areas.
- To present a professional approach to patients, carers, nursing and other staff.
- To be polite and punctual at all times.
- To fulfil the agreed time commitment each week, in the absence of extenuating circumstances.
- To ensure absolute confidentiality of information obtained through contact with The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust.
We would ask that volunteers commit to volunteering for at least 6 months offering up to 4 hours once a week during core hours of 9 – 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Good communication skills.
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Hours recorded contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award – leading to an invitation to the End of Year BV Dinner
- All roles undertaken will be recorded on your HEAR, which goes on your permanent university record
Interested? Apply below: