Details of the Organisation:
Here at the Union of Brunel Students we are a charity. You fund us. Whichever way you choose to donate – whether it’s buying a foot long sub, that pint in Loco’s after a long day of lectures or choosing to run around a field as part of one of our 50 sports clubs – the money you spend will come straight back to you through your Union.
Brunel Rowing is more than just a team, it is a place to make friends, have fun and improve your fitness
The club is very diverse as it has a wide range of ability and experience. The club contains from national standard to complete beginners and the needs of all these members are met. The club has 40 members which has been a consistent level of participation over the last three years.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Brunel University Rowing Club are looking for minibus drivers for the following times:
- Wednesdays – 1.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday – you will be informed, but this could mean early morning to late afternoon
The drivers will be required to drive Rowing Club members down to ULBC in Chiswick and back. The sessions will last 2-3 hours and you will be given the opportunity to take part in rowing.
- Be a confident driver
- At least 21 years old and have held a full UK driving license for 2 years
- Conduct a minibus test with UBS (which is 45 minutes long) – Rowing will organise this for you
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
- Great opportunity to try rowing if you are interested
Interested? Apply below!