Details of the Charity:
Active Reactions is a new outreach service that goes into care homes and runs activity sessions based on our Service Users needs and interests. Our main aim is to reduce isolation and loneliness amongst the elderly and create stimulating and engaging activities that promote empowerment, confidence and physical and mental well-being among our Services Users. As our organisation flourishes we also aim to promote awareness and bridge the gap between the older and younger generations.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking to recruit volunteers, to accompany us, and help support our elderly service users within their care homes. This will involve taking activities TO our service users and we would like some friendly, warm and bubbly volunteers to come a long and help bring a ray of light into an elderly person’s life. Activities will be group based (co-ordination games, sing-songs, interactive sessions) and on a one-to-one basis.
This is a great opportunity to give back to the older generation who at times feel marginalised in our society. This is a great opportunity for those whose ultimate goal is to have a career in the care sector.
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
- Friendly, creative, calm and confident
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to maintain and improve standards
- Satisfactory DBS check. One will be processed if needed
- Desirable to have some experience of early dementia
- Desirable, first aid. If not current, training will be given
- Anything else that is required to perform the role
Additional Benefits to the Role:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Light lunch provided
Interested? Apply below: