Details of the Charity:
‘oh! The palace of palaces! and yet a palace sans crown, sans coronet – but such expense! Such taste! Such profusion!’ Horace Walpole, 1773
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the House is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work. We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that it is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Are you a natural at sales, or someone who loves meeting new people? Our raffle ticket sellers are great at encouraging visitors to help, which boosts our funds so we can do more good work, and deliver more projects at Osterley Park
By getting involved, you could…
- Use your great communication and selling skills to reach out to visitors for their support
- Feel great about the work you are supporting when you reach a target!
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team
- Get experience of fundraising to look after special places
- Wearing official National Trust ID, and asking as many visitors as you can to buy a raffle tickets
- Understanding why we have a raffle and learning about the wider aims of National Trust
- Following regulations around selling of raffle tickets and being accountable for all money you receive
- Giving great customer service to the people you meet, people will ask you questions about what’s going on so you will need to be in good contact with the rest of the property team
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- There might occasionally be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
Skills you Require from the Volunteer:
- Confident at approaching people and selling to members of the public
- Up for a challenge and like to reach a target – it’s not always easy, but you won’t mind that!
- Someone who likes being part of a team
- Available at least once a fortnight
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- We’ll help you get to know Osterley, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training
- We provide equipment to help you do this role well and safely
- We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and Osterley
- Line manager – Amie Murphy
Interested? Apply Below!