Details of Organisation:
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the house is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work.
We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property, we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
What is a nursery gardener?
Our nursery volunteers are crucial in allowing our visitors to take a little bit of Osterley away with them. They form part of a friendly garden team who ensures that the plants look their best and the plant stall is fully stocked.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Appreciating new experiences and learning something new
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- With support from our gardeners, you’ll be responsible for the preparation and collection of potted plants for the day and their delivery to the Book Shop. There will be some bending, lifting and pulling involved.
- Other tasks in the nursery include watering, potting, weeding and labelling the plants
- There is also the opportunity to help with tasks in the gardens.
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit
- Available at least once a fortnight
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training for the role
- Paid travel expenses
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the annual Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!