Details of the Charity:
‘oh! The palace of palaces! and yet a palace sans crown, sans coronet – but such expense! Such taste! Such profusion!’ Horace Walpole, 1773
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the House is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work. We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that it is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
What is a nursery gardener?
Our nursery volunteers are crucial in allowing our visitors to take a little bit of Osterley away with them. They form part of a friendly garden team who ensures that the plants look their best and the plant stall is fully stocked.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Appreciating new experiences and learning something new
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- With support from our gardeners, you’ll be responsible for the preparation and collection of potted plants for the day and their delivery to the Book Shop. There will be some bending, lifting and pulling involved.
- Other tasks in the nursery include watering, potting, weeding and labelling the plants
- There is also the opportunity to help with tasks in the gardens.
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit
- Available at least once a fortnight
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- We’ll help you get to know Osterley Park, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training
- We provide equipment to help you do this role well and safely.
- We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and Osterley
Interested? Apply Below!