Details of the Charity:
‘oh! The palace of palaces! and yet a palace sans crown, sans coronet – but such expense! Such taste! Such profusion!’ Horace Walpole, 1773
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the House is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work. We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that it is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
If you love gardens as much as we do then you’ll know they need a lot of care and attention. Volunteer gardeners do practical work to help keep Osterley Park in peak condition and looking eye catching.
By getting involved, you could…
- Keep fit and healthy
- Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoors
- Use your gardening know-how, and learn more
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and make new friends
- Really enjoy a cup of tea – it tastes better after all that fresh air
- Helping the garden team with everyday practical tasks to keep the garden looking its best
- Looking after garden machinery and equipment
- Being a friendly face for visitors and answering any questions
- Helping with projects like new planting or clearing overgrown areas
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- There might occasionally be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit – we aren’t talking Mo Farah, but you’ll be on your feet, bending and stretching during the day
- Available at least once a fortnight
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- We’ll help you get to know Osterley Park, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training
- We provide equipment to help you do this role well and safely.
- We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and Osterley
Interested? Apply Below!