Details of Organisation:
In 1761, the founders of Child’s Bank commissioned Robert Adam to create an elegant neo-classical villa for them to use as a summer party house. Today, the house is set in over 350 acres of park and farmland and is one of Britain’s most complete examples of Adam’s work.
We are dependent on the enthusiasm and varied skills of our volunteers to keep the magic of Osterley alive. With over 20 different volunteer roles on property, we have an incredibly diverse and welcoming volunteer community that is a pleasure to be a part of.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
If you love gardens as much as we do then you’ll know they need a lot of care and attention. Volunteer gardeners do practical work to help keep Osterley Park in peak condition and looking eye catching.
By getting involved, you could…
- Keep fit and healthy
- Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoors
- Use your gardening know-how, and learn more
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and make new friends
- Really enjoy a cup of tea – it tastes better after all that fresh air
- Helping the garden team with everyday practical tasks to keep the garden looking its best
- Looking after garden machinery and equipment
- Being a friendly face for visitors and answering any questions
- Helping with projects like new planting or clearing overgrown areas
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- There might occasionally be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit – we aren’t talking Mo Farah, but you’ll be on your feet, bending and stretching during the day
- Available at least once a fortnight
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Free training for the role
- Paid travel expenses
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your H.E.A.R which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours volunteered will contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the annual Volunteers Awards Ceremony in May.
Interested? Apply now!