Details of the Charity:
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice provides practical and emotional support to children who are life-limited or life threatened, and their families, living in North London. We work within the boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Noah’s Ark supports families to ensure that they can face the future with hope by providing a variety of essential support services. These services include a Family Link Team who are trained Social Workers, Specialist Carers who provide respite, Play Specialists who provide therapeutic play sessions and also our Family Support Volunteer team.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The success of any fundraising event relies on the support of our volunteers. We have fundraising events throughout the year, including stalls at summer and Christmas fairs, supermarket bag packs and collections. Events are usually at weekends but preparation takes place during the week. All our events raise vital funds to support our work.
This role is very flexible, as volunteers are not required to make any regular commitment and no further training is needed after the volunteer induction. However, if you are able to volunteer regularly, there are lots of events to get involved in and your role will be very varied, with opportunities to support the Event Organiser either in the office or at various venues.
Before the event
- Help with promotion of the events through mailings and phone calls
- Assist with organising items for the event and packing up all equipment needed
- Distribute event posters and flyers
During the event
- Run an activity stall organised by Noah’s Ark or create your own
- Provide refreshments
- Face painting (practice workshop available)
- At challenge events (e.g. London Marathon) encourage our participants along the route
After the event
- Put remaining stock and equipment away
- Write and post thank you letters
- Help count the money raised
We would ideally like a volunteer to commit to supporting us for a minimum of 6 months, but this can be flexible.
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to pitch in and work as a team
- Fundraising experience is welcome but not necessary!
- Whatever your skills and experience, we will find an activity that suits you
- Required to attend a Volunteer Induction prior to starting
- Commit to at least one family activity per quarter
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Build customer service skills through a variety of interactions
- Gain experience of event management
- Develop ability to work as part of a team
- Travel expenses reimbursed