Details of the Charity:
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice provides practical and emotional support to children who are life-limited or life threatened, and their families, living in North London. We work within the boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Noah’s Ark supports families to ensure that they can face the future with hope by providing a variety of essential support services. These services include a Family Link Team who are trained Social Workers, Specialist Carers who provide respite, Play Specialists who provide therapeutic play sessions and also our Family Support Volunteer team.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
The main aim of the Ambassador Programme is to represent Noah’s Ark at various community events in Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington. It is not always possible for us to attend all events and therefore your help would really make a difference in helping us raise awareness and funds. Exact locations will vary, but events will generally take place in and around North London (more specifically the London boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, and Islington). Hours will vary dependent on your availability.
- To introduce Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice to your local networks
- Promote upcoming Noah’s Ark fundraising events within your local area
- Set up and oversee Noah’s Ark information stalls at various community events
- Coordinate charity bag packs at supermarkets
- Oversee charity collections at supermarkets, train stations, Brent Cross Shopping Centre
It is hoped that volunteers can commit to supporting in this role for a minimum of 12 months, but this can be flexible.
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Previous experience of presenting to groups highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the work of Noah’s Ark is essential
- Friendly, enthusiastic with good communication skills including professional telephone manner
- A commitment to abiding by all data protection and confidentiality policies within Noah’s Ark
- Access to a vehicle is desirable in order to carry leaflets and display stand where necessary
- Commitment to attend a Volunteer’s Induction prior to starting
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Build connections with the local community
- Develop public speaking skills
- Organise effective presentations to deliver to an audience
- Travel expenses reimbursed
Interested? Apply below: