Details of the Charity:
We are a community centre with space for hire to provide a range of activities for the neighbourhood. We periodically hold social and fundraising events to bring the community together. We make our halls available for private hire on the weekend mainly for children’s parties. We have established an art group UB8-Create and we see opportunities to forge links with Brunel’s art and textiles department.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
We are looking for a bank of volunteers to call upon when we run events within the community centre. The centre is very close to the university, so students will have not have to travel far if they are needed.
The main task will be helping at events including set up, helping out during events and clearing away at the end. Design advice for projects will also be a fun part of the role!
Skills you Require of the Applicants:
- Ability to follow instructions well
- A little imagination!
Any Benefits to the Volunteer?
- Free ticket to the event for the volunteer, plus up to two people
- All hours volunteered recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Hours contribute to your Volunteers Award, resulting in an invitation to the End of Year Dinner
- Good experience for your CV, especially if you want to work in events
Interested? Apply below: