Details of the Charity:
We are a registered Charity no. 264132 run entirely by volunteers. We serve the patients of Hillingdon Hospital.
Our aim is to brighten up the stay of the patients, by broadcasting music requests and dedications, national and local news and the best selection of music, 24 hours a day. We play something for everyone of all ages. Our service is broadcast FREE of charge on the Hospedia Bedside Entertainment System on Radio channel 45, online at radiohillingdon.com and on a smart phone app, so relatives of the patients can listen as well, from the comfort of their favourite Living room armchair.
Radio Hillingdon is not funded by the NHS and all of our day to day running costs are met with funds raised by our volunteers.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- To assist with raising much needed funds.
- To help think of and create novel, innovative and interesting ways in which to raise funds.
- To help organise and run Fetes, Quiz nights, Race nights, Car-boot Sales, Winnie the Pooh tombola stalls, Road-shows, and any other fund-raising events throughout the year.
- To help apply for sponsorship and funding.
- The Candidate must be aged 18 years or over
- The candidate must be able to commit to at least 1 or 2 Saturdays or Sundays a month and occasional week day evening.
- The candidate must be physically fit due to the nature of the role and will need to complete an Occupational Health Questionnaire form.
- The candidate will need to complete and application form and supply 2 referees, undergo a DBS check.
- Comply with the Radio Hillingdon Constitution and Hillingdon Hospital Policies & Procedures
- Complete a 3 month Probationary period
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Hours recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Experience for your CV, especially for those looking for a career in events
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony
- Improves your communication with different groups of people
Interested? Apply now!