Details of the Charity:
We are a registered Charity no. 264132 run entirely by volunteers. We serve the patients of Hillingdon Hospital. with a radio station. Our aim is to brighten up the stay of the patients, by broadcasting music requests and dedications, national and local news and the best selection of music, 24 hours a day. We play something for everyone of all ages. Our service is broadcast FREE of charge on the Hospedia Bedside Entertainment System on Radio channel 45, online at radiohillingdon.com and on a smart phone app, so relatives of the patients can listen as well, from the comfort of their favourite Living room armchair. Radio Hillingdon is not funded by the NHS and all of our day to day running costs are met with funds raised by our volunteers.
Details of the Volunteering Role:
Radio Hillingdon is currently looking to expand our team of Request Collectors/Presenters. We are looking for caring, patient and empathetic people, to visit the patients in the wards of Hillingdon Hospital and to collect music requests to be played during the Request Show. The volunteer will then need to assist locating the songs in our music library and help present the Request Show.
- Visit the patients in the wards from 6:00pm
- Assist patients with the operation of Hospedia terminals
- Be available once a week Sunday to Friday
- Help to locate the requested songs in the music library
- Help present the Request show between 8pm and 10pm
Skills you Require from the Applicant:
- Comply with the Radio Hillingdon Constitution and Hillingdon Hospital Policies & Procedures
- Complete an application form
- Provide 2 references
- Complete a 3 month probationary period
- Complete an Occupational Health Questionnaire
- Complete a Disclosure & Barring scheme check
- Minimum age 18 years old
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer?
Hours recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
Experience for your CV, especially for those looking for a career in radio or media
Contributes to your Brunel Volunteers Award
Improves your communication with different groups of people
Interested? Apply below: