Details of the Charity:
We are a registered Charity no. 264132 run entirely by volunteers. We serve the patients of Hillingdon Hospital.
Our aim is to brighten up the stay of the patients, by broadcasting music requests and dedications, national and local news and the best selection of music, 24 hours a day. We play something for everyone of all ages. Our service is broadcast FREE of charge on the Hospedia Bedside Entertainment System on Radio channel 45, online at radiohillingdon.com and on a smart phone app, so relatives of the patients can listen as well, from the comfort of their favourite Living room armchair.
Radio Hillingdon is not funded by the NHS and all of our day to day running costs are met with funds raised by our volunteers.
Details of the Volunteering Role:
- Visit the patients in the wards from 6:00pm
- Assist patients with the operation of Hospedia terminals
- Be available once a week Sunday to Friday
- Help to locate the requested songs in the music library
- Help present the Request show between 8pm and 10pm
- Comply with the Radio Hillingdon Constitution and Hillingdon Hospital Policies & Procedures
- Complete an application form
- Provide 2 references
- Complete a 3 month probationary period
- Complete an Occupational Health Questionnaire
- Complete a Disclosure & Barring scheme check
- Minimum age 18 years old
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Hours will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- Experience for your CV, especially for those looking for a career in radio or media
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony
- Improves your communication with different groups of people
Interested? Apply now!