Details of the charity:
We’re the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) and we’re here for everyone affected by sight loss. Whether you’re losing your sight or you’re blind or partially sighted, our practical and emotional support can help you face the future with confidence. Whether you need advice on staying in work, using technology to help you do everyday tasks, or simply someone who can offer emotional support to help you come to terms with sight loss.
We’re RNIB and we’re here from the moment you’re diagnosed to help you get on with your life. From the day when you need us the most, until the day you’re living your life again. With your support, we can reach more blind and partially sighted people and face the future with confidence together.
Details of volunteering opportunity:
Visiting blind and partially sighted people in their own homes to help them get online.
Helping people overcome problems when using tablets, smartphones or computers.
Skills you require from the volunteer:
- An interest in technology innovations
- Awareness of other Assistive Technology
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient approach to training
Benefits of the role:
- Flexible commitment
- Induction and Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Training on how to use accessibility features of everyday digital devices
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
- All hours recorded on your HEAR and contribute towards your Volunteers Award
Interested? Apply below for a further application form: