Details about the organisation
OACS is looking for someone that can promote an awareness of Fetal anti-convulsant Syndrome in the Hillingdon area, and to support any families within the Hillingdon area.
This may be useful for someone interested in working within the medicine or social care.
You will work with the secretary and Hillingdon Community Development co-ordinator.
It is a challenging role; you will be seeking to identify those that may have Fetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome.
To do this you will need to identify approach and interact within other charities and medical bodies in the Hillingdon area.
You will also seek to develop and report and record a local directory and strategy for the Hillingdon Borough
You will be expected to take part in developing a strategy for the Hillingdon borough that could potentially be used in other areas.
To develop a community based group of families affected by Fetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome.
Hours to be negotiated. Home based mainly but any travel expenses will be reimbursed
- Applicants will need to have a good understanding of Equality and Diversity as they will be dealing with a people who have disabilities and come from a variety of cultures.
- Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Excellent listening skills and confidence in talking to people both in groups and on a one-to-one basis
- An basic understanding of related policies would be ideal
- Good communication skills
- Ability to write reports
- Confident with strong organisational skills
- Capable of working both alone and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, commitment and drive
Benefits to the volunteer
- Your volunteer hours will be recorded and added the your H.E.A.R and they will also count towards the Brunel Volunteering award
- You will be given an induction course and training to improve your understanding of Fetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome.
- You will receive ‘on the job’ training and will have the opportunity to both study and experience policies in action
- Further training opportunities may be available
Interested? Apply below: