A youth centre providing a wide range of services for children from 0-18, including:
Breakfast club, Caterpillar Pre-school, junior and senior youth clubs, music, drama and arts workshops, week end activity adventure club. The centre’s youth workers and other team members support young people who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to socially excluded young people who are at risk of anti-social behaviour.
- Provide support at one of our after school youth club sessions that take place week days and weekends.
- Be required up to 2-3 hours, once or twice each week.
This role will provide valuable support to disadvantaged young people and help to divert them from anti-social behaviour and crime and improve their life chances.
The Centre is a short bus ride from Hounslow East station.
Skills required from applicant:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to empathise with vulnerable young people
- Interest in working within this field would be nice but not necessary
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Volunteers will receive an induction and training from the Chief Executive and Youth Work Leaders.
- Volunteers will be supported at all youth work sessions by qualified and experienced Senior Youth Workers.
- Travel paid for
- All hours will be added to your HEAR and contribute to your Brunel Volunteers Award.
Interested? Apply now!