Details of the Organisation:
A youth centre providing a wide range of services for children from 0-18, including:
Breakfast Club, Caterpillar Pre-school, junior and senior youth clubs, music, drama and arts workshops, week end activity adventure club. The centre’s youth workers and other team members support young people who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
Preparing a range of communications for particular projects, such as:
- Facebook and Twitter posts
- Writing copy for the web site.
The Centre is a short bus ride from Hounslow East station.
Volunteers are required one day a week on days that suit. They will work with a consultant and receive on going training and supervision from her.
DBS checks will be carried out by us. Interviews will be carried out by the consultant in central London.
This role will help this children’s charity publicise its vital work and the need for it.
- Good written communication skills
- Experience of using social media
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Regular training and access to external training with leading training bodies
- Free training with Hounslow Community Network, Institute of Fundraising. The consultant will provide specialist training.
- Travel expenses paid for
- Hours will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Award Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!