The Colne Valley Park Visitor Centre
Denham Court Drive
Middlesex UB9 5PG
Details of charity:
Groundwork South is an environmental charity committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action.
We know that real change requires action on many different fronts. That’s why we work hand-in-hand with communities to:
- Create and improve green spaces for community benefit and to reconnect people with nature
- Provide training and support to help those furthest from the job market back into work especially young people
- Promote greener living and working to help families and individuals save money, resources and reduce waste
Details of organisation:
We are looking for volunteers to help undertake practical conservation tasks at various nature reserve and woodland sites which we manage. The tasks will include a variety of activities including scrub clearance, removal of invasive species and maintenance of access paths. Task will involve the use of hand tools such as bow saws, loppers, spades and rakes. No previous experience is needed as training will be provided on site by a member of staff.
When – Wednesday afternoon
Where – Volunteers can either meet at the sites we are working or be picked up by a member of Groundwork staff.
Skills required from applicant:
– No previous experience just happy to work
– Desire to get involved in all activities
– Works well in a team
– Good communicator.
Benefits to volunteer:
– Support and guidance
– Chance to work with a National Environmental Charity
– Learn more about our projects
– Chance to gain first aid qualifications
– All hours entered onto your University profile
Interested? Apply here: