Green Corridor is a west London charity operating in the London Boroughs of Hounslow, Hillingdon and Ealing. Green corridor offers training opportunities to young people 14-25 many of whom are not in education, employment or training (NEET). The courses offer the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification in practical horticulture, however, the programme is not just about horticulture, but aims to provide young people with all the basic skills needed for further training or employment.
In addition to the training, Green Corridor also offers volunteering opportunities to people of all ages on our allotment regeneration project in Southall. So if you fancy getting your hands dirty and trying something new then come and join us as we try to turn a derelict site in to a productive community growing space.
All tools and equipment provided along with refreshments.
Details of Volunteering Opportunity:
- Maintaining existing beds
- New bed preparation
- Ongoing site clearance
- No previous experience required
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to get stuck in.
Additional benefits to the Volunteer:
- Those aged 16-25 will be able to work towards an accredited Level 1 in Practical Horticulture. Certificates awarded for completion on volunteer hours (Bronze 50 hours / Silver 100 / Gold 200)
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the Brunel Volunteers Awards Ceremony
Interested? Apply now!