Details of Charity:
Disablement Association Hillingdon known more commonly as DASH, was formed in 1984 and is a user-led charity based in Hillingdon, West London. DASH challenges peoples perceptions and encourages disabled people of all ages to reach their full potential. We provide advice, support and activities that allow disabled people to take control of their lives and become more independent, confident and part of the community. DASH is an inclusive organisation and promotes independence to every individual.
Details of Volunteering Opportunity:
Volunteers would be helping the running of our busy activity programme. This would involve helping set up and clear away, help individuals get the most out of a session and to support our coaches lead the sessions.
Skills Required from the Applicant:
- Interest in helping out
- DBS check – provided free of charge by Brunel Volunteers
Additional Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Possible training courses
- Hours volunteered will be recorded on your HEAR – which goes on your permanent university record
- All hours contribute towards your Brunel Volunteers Award, which leads to an invitation to the End of Year Volunteers Dinner
Interested? Click below to apply NOW: